Thursday, May 16, 2013

The PAX Cross ((PAX-T.V., Lima, and Channel 17) (Poetic Prose))



The Author and his wife at the PAX Cross, 4-2013


The room where they serve the mass one can almost walk past the tall cross in the dark corner, when not in service, easily overlooked. But vivid when noticed, and resembles Jesus Christ quite well. His body limps back, loosened here and there against the wooden shaped cross, sleek and dark, smooth to the fingers. It is clear, the life size body serves all, resembles Christ’s vows.
       I look up to the right ribcage, then to His face, there is something in this figure, in life that doesn’t know it is just fiberglass, I drop my eyes and touch the feet, and my body trembles inside. I touch the back of the cross, swirls of energy comes, rushes through me. All at once I am transfixed. I love wherever is happening to me. I withdraw my hand, fingers.
       Last night I dreamt with a heavy chest, of the cross, not often have I.

#3858 (4-20-2013)

Notes on Poetic Prose and the poem:   First, the function of poetry is to nurish the spirit. I think this poem does. Second, he story in poetic prose is more important than the language, I believe. Third, the poem should grip into the reader’s skin. Forth, come close to the object. Five, focus is on the changes the mind goes through as it observes. Six, the poem allows the poet to be intimate; this is where its strength is. Seven, often spontaneous. Eight, the poet is allowed to stay with his senses. Nine, between the personal and impersonal, there is no tension, as one can see in “The PAX Cross”. Ten, the current has taken out most of the: it, it is, or or it’s for the o’s or oo’s or ow…allowing for a better flow. Of the 153-words to the poem, 40-have o’s.